Dr. Moritz Dau also contributed as an author to the 3rd edition, which appears on the 30th anniversary of GOTS.
In this comprehensive reference work, recognized specialists in German-speaking countries present the optimal treatment for orthopedic sports injuries and damage caused by overuse. Clinic, diagnostics and therapy options are described in a practice-oriented manner - rounded off by overview tables, checklists and over 300 illustrations.
GOTS Manual - Almost 1,000 pages of facts on almost 60 important sports!
Sport - whether as a leisure activity, high-performance sport, for rehabilitation or for the prevention of illnesses - is enjoying increasing popularity. It is all the more important to correctly diagnose and treat sports injuries.
Almost 100 specialists from all areas of sports medicine make their knowledge available to you here - with concrete instructions for all sports-specific injuries.
Order the official manual of the Society for Orthopedic Traumatological Sports Medicine (GOTS) now
Martin Engelhardt (Editor) Sports Injuries - GOTS Manual.
Diagnosis, management and accompanying measures.
3rd edition 2016. 976 pages with 380 illustrations, bound
Treat sports injuries professionally!
In this comprehensive reference work, recognized specialists in German-speaking countries will introduce you to the optimal treatment of orthopedic sports injuries and overuse injuries. Clinic, diagnostics and therapy options are described in a practice-oriented manner - rounded off by overview tables, checklists and over 300 illustrations.
The book is supplemented by chapters on sports equipment, nutrition, sports in the event of illnesses, age and gender-specific aspects, orthoses, rehabilitation - and legal issues in sports.
New in the 3rd edition:
• Completely revised and updated
• Numerous newly written chapters, e.g. on the topics of anti-doping regulations, sportswear and sports shoes as well as swimming, cross-country skiing, ski jumping, ice hockey, football and mountain biking
• Competent team of authors: recognized specialists and opinion leaders in sports medicine from German-speaking countries
• Official manual of the Society for Orthopedic Traumatological Sports Medicine (GOTS)
From the content:
• I General principles of sports medicine
• 1 reaction and adaptation to sporting demands
• 2 age- and gender-specific aspects of sports medicine
• 3 sports in case of illness
• 4 anti-doping guidelines in competitive sport - importance for sport medical practice
• 5 sports for the disabled
• II diagnostic procedures
• 6 clinical and functional examination
• 7 sonography
• 8 imaging (old: Rö, MRT, CT)
• 9 arthroscopy
• 10 Clinical Biomechanics
• 11 movement analysis (old: gait and treadmill analysis)
• III sports injuries of the body regions
• 12 Central and Peripheral Nervous System
• 13 eyes
• 14 ears, facial skull and soft tissues of the neck